blog advertising is good for you Men-O-Night: Isn't It Amazing?

Friday, August 5, 2011

Isn't It Amazing?


So, I found this picture and just feel it is so appropriate for me and where I am in my life right now.  It's as if my ex cheating and me finding out was such a gift.  The struggle to get on my feet, find a place to live, settle into life as a single guy with two dogs, and figure out if I even still fit in on this coast was all worth where I am right now in my life.  I'm so thankful that I've had the opportunity to meet people, date, and begin to rediscover how happy I can actually be.  My dogs are doing amazingly well and whether I'm here for another year or even more or not...I'm happy with myself and how hard I've worked to regain a sense of self.  I don't regret the 8 years with him...I don't hold hate or disgust...I am just thrilled to be moving forward.  Re-engaged with my own creative self and finding people to surround myself that do not stifle or absorb my energy for themselves, but rather fan it and enrich it.

While the dating part has had it's ups and downs...and there are plenty of weeds in the path before I find the slightest glimpse of a flower...I am thrilled to just be meeting guys that have so much to share.  I've just been overwhelmed with friendship too...from new people that I've just met out at bars or through other friends.  It's as if the energy and zest I have is palpable at times...and I think people are just responding to it.  So, to anyone going through a major break up...it does get better.  Grieve, Reflect, Release...and then treat yourself to whatever you've been missing.  For me it was time to take care of myself...the gym, a massage when I want it, new clothes, and just not feeling guilty when I felt like treating myself to something.  I think the biggest has been the gym though.  I feel like that time is just mine....for my benefit...and ultimately those around me.  I'm happier, more relaxed, and less reactive to stress when I've gone....so I keep going!  Everyday!   And I'm feeling like it's just a part of my life now.  I went tonight instead of going to happy hour. Just felt like a night in...so I went to the gym first.  Was just planning a quick run and some abs or legs.  Ended up just hitting a stride and getting through 6 miles in 53 minutes.  Woot Woot!

Now I'm home...pups are sleeping after their potty walk...and i'm debating a class of wine on the patio.  Mmmm...I'd love a hot guy out there too...but all in good time.  The cards don't always come all at once.  You just have to keep playing until they hit the same hand.  I'm just having fun playing!

Cheers...and of course I couldn't post without some hotness along for the ride.  Is it that time of year for a white sale yet?  :-)  Happy Friday!
















No comments:

Post a Comment