blog advertising is good for you Men-O-Night: Pizza Recipe

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pizza Recipe

I figured I'd share my homemade dough recipe...and share a pic of the pizza's final result.  It's been a regular part of my recipe rotation for a while.  I love knowing everything that is in my food...and this is one of those easy ways to avoid shit we don't need to eat.

Basic Dough:
3 cups flour (white or wheat, depends on your mood)
1 teaspoon salt
1 Cup warm water (110 degrees)
1 packet quick yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Oil

- Place the packet of yeast in the water and stir.  Add the sugar to feed the yeast and help it bloom.  Stir the flour and sugar in the mixer bowl with the dough hook first.  Once the yeast begins to bloom and it has that great fresh bread smell, add the EVOO to the water/yeast and then pour into the mixer.  Mix until it comes together in a ball.  I sometimes have to adjust and add a touch of water or flour depending on the moment.  You don't want it too sticky, but you want all the flour to come together into the dough. With the quick rise yeast, you really can just go right the pan and spread out the dough.  When I have time, I oil ,a bowl and place the ball in it, cover it with a towel, and let it rise.  This one I did a double rise since Mr. was coming home late and I was trying to be good and wait for him.  When it rises, it is a bit fluffier and more like focaccia.  :-)  Sometimes I pre-bake it at 350 for 10 minutes, then add the ingredients, other times I just top the raw dough.  Makes it a bit different, but I like both options.

- Options:  I always incorporate other flavors to add depth since I don't like a lot of heavy sauce second the top.  I mix in garlic, herbs, and what not to the flour mixture before I add the water/yeast.  I play around with the add on's depending on my toppings.  The options are limitless.

So, here's a pic of my most recent one. I used Trader Joe's Pesto Chicken Sausage, roasted red & yellow peppers, spinach, & mozz.  It was delish.  I put rosemary and garlic in the dough.  Enjoy!


1 comment: