blog advertising is good for you Men-O-Night: Laboring , not really.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Laboring , not really.

So, it's day four of my weekend.  And considering a little over a week ago I was still in the midst of retail hell and a schedule that was beyond exhausting...I clearly have stepped in the right direction.  Started off Friday morning with a trip up to NYC.  We popped around and did some site seeing, ate great food with some of my old friends, and had some insane desserts in our hotel room...two words: Fried Oreos.  Saturday morning was perfect...slept in later than I can remember and had delish bagel egg sandwiches from a deli by our hotel.  Got the full NY experience when they quite quickly corrected my order of egg, cheese, and bacon bagels to bacon, egg, and cheese.  I forgot you had to say it in a specific order.  But they were worth the rude attitude to be honest.

Saw a show and hung out some more with friends.  Then we popped back home.  Felt like a week, but it was only two days.  I feel like time with Mr. slows down...and I love that.  I'm never bored and even when we stress out or things get frazzeled...we get right back on track and he just seems to make things go better. Yesterday we did some recovering from the whirlwind trip and delighted in a nap...a LONG nap.  Played with the puppies and walked the creek trail.  I am over this warm humid weather...and completely prepared for fall.  Bring out the hoodies!  I am itching to make pumpkin flavored everything...and even found a recipe to make homemade pumpkin coffee creamer.  Can't wait!

Mr. had to work today...so I ended up doing some work from home and making sure I was prepped for the week.  Still filling some positions at my new job, so until then I'm filling in some and covering a shift or two on the weekends.  Nothing could compare to my last gig, so I'll take a 5 hour shift on Saturday morning like I didn't even have to get out of bed.  It'll feel like vacation compared to weekends at my last job.

Anywho...making a shrimp stir-fry for dinner with veggies, egg noodles, and a peanut sauce.  I love peanut sauces!  That's about it.  Happy Labor Day! - Rin
















No comments:

Post a Comment