blog advertising is good for you Men-O-Night: Hump Day

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hump Day

Well, I didn't get as much packing done as I had hoped last night.  While I have almost everything major ready, it's those final things that I need to piece together.  I have more kitchen items that I know what to do with!  I'm at least lucky to have a week or two after my move to come back to the house and get any remaining items.  I just want the movers to do as much as possible!  I'm treating myself this week to wholefoods salad bar for dinner...I'm too busy to cook, and that means I'm BUSY!

Work started off crazy yesterday.  I walked into the office and it was literally raining over the staircase to the second floor and then I walked to the front desk to find out what was going on and the only printer at the front was not responding to any attempts to print or receive faxes.  Do you think anyone called the AC guy to let him know it was raining in the building...no.  Of course it was the air conditioner draining after it froze up over night.  Luckily it wasn't producing more water, just emptying.  That also meant that the air conditioner on the second floor wasn't working...meaning our thermostat upstairs was readying 90 by the afternoon.  Luckily, my staff was able to get everything done up there in the morning and we all just camped out on the first floor.  I'm hoping when I walk through the door this morning it's less of a barrage of "WTF is going on".

Tonight is my final boxing night and the last night I'll sleep in a bed in the house.  Tomorrow my friends are helping me stack everything in the front living room so that the movers have nothing to walk around and get, just straight from the living room to the truck!  It'll be weird to fall asleep tonight realizing how close to the end of this chapter I am.  I'm filled with so much excitement over what is to come and what adventures are around the corner for me.

Anywho...Happy Hump Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment