blog advertising is good for you Men-O-Night: MANdatory Monday

Monday, August 20, 2012

MANdatory Monday

So, once again here I am after a long stint away from ye ol' blog.  I do  miss it and despite my past months I am hoping to get back into the regular.  In the last few weeks I had more than a few "come to jesus moments with myself in trying to really pinpoint what I wanted in my career and what steps I'd need to lay down to get there.  I had so many feelers out in so many different paths that I finally realized... with Mr's wise and insightful help of course...that I really just need to hone down my true passions in life and go from their.  I really have always been so driven, but burn out before I see the fruits of my labor...or hit a wall like a crazy business owner that is stealing from his own business and making his staff insane.  So yeah...I really analyzed all of my past experiences...what I loved...what I hated...and then scratched out the stuff that I hated that is just part of normal work life, like putting on pants in the morning or having a salary that doesn't afford me all the luxuries I ever want when I want them.  So, when push came to shove I decided on a path...and the world heard my new focus and I got a new job!

I remember being so excited in January...about all the possibilities and creative outlet of my job now...and am hoping that this isn't round two.  But I was certain to cross some neccessary elements off this time...like will the schedule suck the living life out of me...and will I need to not only wake up before the sun, but actually already have half my day in by then.  Yeah, today was officially my last 3am wake up alarm.  I have 2 more days on the job and start my new gig next week.  Ironically it's the exact position I had before, just at a different site...with different owners...that are not emotionally tied to each other and a much better business model.  Lots more room for growth as well since they own a few practices. Already feeling the weight falling off my shoulders.  The last few months have been brutal.  Tomorrow is my first day off in 8 days and I am so looking forward to that never happening again.  I have already enlisted a team of friends to make sure I never say..."Hey, I miss retail".  And if I do, I am to be beaten and whipped.  Not in the good way.

So that's the job news.  Everything else is peachy.  Falling more in love ever day and really embracing all the possibilities of the future.  Dogs are crazy...which means they're well...and our little zen nest is truly home.  Of course we're wanting to buy a bigger place with a yard...but until then, we are cozy and enjoying our little den.  About to hit the kitchen and make some dinner...and I really am craving cake...so, I may just lose the battle to avoid it and throw one in the oven...like I even tried to avoid it.

Peace and Wine...more wine please! - Rin















No comments:

Post a Comment